Starting a New Line/Brand Feedback Thread

August 14, 2013 @ 05:31:56 AM

pins available here.
August 14, 2013 @ 07:25:41 AM
Originally posted by Inactive User
Hey HB, im taking last second orders for my clothes before I order from my manufacturer. If you're interested feel free to text me: 703-595-3753

I also have a new shirt up. Thanks fam

ambessa.bigcartel.com
if someone wanted to buy something why would they text you
I'm taking pre-orders before I order a bunch of shirts, and fall flat on my face cause I have too many shirts and not enough buyers.

AmbessaDC.com IG: @ambessadc Twitter: @ambessadc

August 14, 2013 @ 07:49:08 AM
looking for feedback.

August 14, 2013 @ 10:23:52 AM
shit is dope. i feel like the hoodie is too plain though, should stick to tees for now.

insta/twitter/tumblr/cargo: sihalanick

August 14, 2013 @ 11:07:33 AM
Hey everybody

Me and my friend own a clothing line called Magic Illuminator, had it for two years and it's steady growing. We're from DK, and have few distributors here and two in Japan. We're looking to gain some more exposure internationally, so please take a few minutes to check out our lookbook. The blog that it's on is our own as well, and it just been updated to english. 
Check it out, and please leave feedback. 
http://www.streetcouture.dk/2013/06/magic-illuminator-archangel-michael-collection-lookbook-s13/ 
August 14, 2013 @ 12:18:38 PM

pins available here.

How was the process of you making your pins 

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

August 14, 2013 @ 16:46:52 PM
Hey everyone, new around here. Helping a friend start a brand, was hoping for some critique and maybe even some support. Here's a few stuff we've released so far. Also, a discount code for 20% off everything: HYPEBEAST.

August 14, 2013 @ 17:07:35 PM
shit is dope. i feel like the hoodie is too plain though, should stick to tees for now.
yea the hoodie is a ittle lack luster
August 14, 2013 @ 17:23:02 PM
Do you have an audience ? Do you know who you're trying to sell too ? Do you have followers on social media and people keepin up with your stuff? You can't just throw your shit in the air and expect people to randomly flock to it (unless its really good) and even if it is thats still hard, just remember some of the best shit goes un-noticed if you have trouble marketing to your audience
thank you, both of you. 
I have a decent following but most are people saying they will cop but never do. 

as for the tank tops, I had them sent to the printer the first week of July but it took over a month to print. 

I appreciate the words and will definitely take this into consideration. I will work on my marketing and keep producing shit I love and support. 

I'll keep working because I love this shit. you'll see. 
thanks everyone. 

Pretty much a misconeption in this game is thinking the Web and having a website will sell your clothes. I thought the same thing when I started.
That if you make it they will come idea.
Doesn't always work that way.
Develop a name for yourself and brand. Go out shack hands meet people. Network is your true net worth.
You are going to lose more money in the beginning than you will make.
You are still new so no one knows the name or logo. You have to get that out there first.
After then Leg Work is key. The majority of people enjoy buying something they can touch. Unless you already have that crowd and following that people don't care what it is they'll buy.
do a couple of events in your area. So people know who you are and know you are out here grinding.
That's key. Once you have some following in your hood then you can work on other areas. But your main target audience right now are the people you have in front of you. If your hood doesn't support you, you can't look for other people who don't know you too that.
Keep the site up so people have somewhere to go if they want to look at what you have in general but focus on the people you see in front of you for right now.
this seems like good advice, but what if your target audience isn't in your 'hood'. like my area is full of base heads and struggling mexican immigrants. i see where you are coming from but websites help alot if you're like me and aren't surrounded by the people you are trying to speak to, they help get your product out. if you are around your target audience then fuck, this is the way to do it. 

Not so much in your "hood" but if you have a downtown area and place in your city where people go and hang out, set up a small low cost event there.
Find a bar and talk to the manager and let them know you want to have a little release party.
Make sure it's free entry so people will be more willing to attend.
Give the bar tenders some shirts, maybe old shirts you haven't sold. I always dislike giving away free stuff but in a cae like this it will help because they will see the workers wearing your stuff.
If you have a friend with decent camera skills ask him to come along and snap pictures of it.

Set up a table and have some of your shirts on it so people can see. Have a few dance contest give aways with some small gifts.
And boom instant neiborhood celebrity.
Don't expect much from it in the beginning because remember you are still small but you are creating a buzz around.

If you don't like that idea, take it and build off it.
There is no rule book this industry and everyone target is not the same. But you ask 10 and 9 of them will say "yes i like to have fun", so make whatever you do FUN and spread the word.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

August 14, 2013 @ 20:11:41 PM

Inspired by the Chinese dragon, "Fucanglong" who is known as the guardian of buried treasures and riches.

Would you rock? Feedback appreciated. Trying to put this on hoodies, t-shirts, and crewnecks.

offthemapsf.com

August 14, 2013 @ 21:08:36 PM
FALL 13 DROPS 8/30

END OF SUMMER SALE TILL 8/16

INSTAGRAM - ALDENTE1985
ALDENTECO.COM

al dente company // aldenteco.com

August 14, 2013 @ 21:13:42 PM
Hey everyone, new around here. Helping a friend start a brand, was hoping for some critique and maybe even some support. Here's a few stuff we've released so far. Also, a discount code for 20% off everything: HYPEBEAST.

I think the brand fits in pretty well with what a lot of brands are doing, nice and clean.
August 14, 2013 @ 21:15:05 PM

Inspired by the Chinese dragon, "Fucanglong" who is known as the guardian of buried treasures and riches.

Would you rock? Feedback appreciated. Trying to put this on hoodies, t-shirts, and crewnecks.
I really like this, id buy it
August 14, 2013 @ 23:37:38 PM

Digging the galaxy print one!

Talk is Silver. Silence is Gold.

August 15, 2013 @ 01:18:27 AM

I really like this, id buy it
Yea same, I like the concept. Looks clean.
August 15, 2013 @ 01:20:27 AM
Hey HB, im taking last second orders for my clothes before I order from my manufacturer. If you're interested feel free to text me: 703-595-3753

I also have a new shirt up. Thanks fam

ambessa.bigcartel.com
I'm taking pre-orders before I order a bunch of shirts, and fall flat on my face cause I have too many shirts and not enough buyers.
you reckless .. get your product made first.. your product display is not attractive. & get your number off your website? ain't nobody gone call your ass. quit rushing take your time man. 
August 15, 2013 @ 01:46:36 AM
you reckless .. get your product made first.. your product display is not attractive. & get your number off your website? ain't nobody gone call your ass. quit rushing take your time man. 
LMFAOOOOOO yep that's why just today I ordered 20 copies of the "Judgement Tee" & 15 copies of the "Baseball Tee" from my manufacturers for people who have already committed and paid for the shirt in their size in just two weeks. I'm tired of you fucking wannabe internet thugs acting like you know two-shits. 

While ya'll were on here telling me I wouldn't even make a sale and arguing over dumb shit, I was working my ass off.

You guys need to get our more, interact with people, network with them. I didn't use a penny on marketing, I did it all on my own. A strong majority of my customers aren't even local. They're spread out across America and even Canada & the UK. I've met people who are connected with brands like HBA & such.

And honestly it feels so good to prove all of you wrong. You guys need to support people more instead of putting them down and doubting them, negative vibe in this forum.

I have more orders for my next shipment coming in soon too already, this is just the beginning for me, I'm trying to make a brand, and I'm not gonna stop trying or working until I'm on top. And if you don't support me, fuck you, i'm doing what I do.

August 15, 2013 @ 03:07:33 AM
LMFAOOOOOO yep that's why just today I ordered 20 copies of the "Judgement Tee" & 15 copies of the "Baseball Tee" from my manufacturers for people who have already committed and paid for the shirt in their size in just two weeks. I'm tired of you fucking wannabe internet thugs acting like you know two-shits. 

While ya'll were on here telling me I wouldn't even make a sale and arguing over dumb shit, I was working my ass off.

You guys need to get our more, interact with people, network with them. I didn't use a penny on marketing, I did it all on my own. A strong majority of my customers aren't even local. They're spread out across America and even Canada & the UK. I've met people who are connected with brands like HBA & such.

And honestly it feels so good to prove all of you wrong. You guys need to support people more instead of putting them down and doubting them, negative vibe in this forum.

I have more orders for my next shipment coming in soon too already, this is just the beginning for me, I'm trying to make a brand, and I'm not gonna stop trying or working until I'm on top. And if you don't support me, fuck you, i'm doing what I do.
you just put out a unprofessional "vibe" and you get over emotional and feel you have to "prove" people that are just saying whats real. its almost as if anybody could make a brand now and all you're doing is making shirts up that only exist on a mock up and asking for people to pay you retail price to get them made, you should at least  have a sample made of the judgement tee i dont get how and why anyone would dish out 40 to you without one. And this whole pre order crap with your whole collection is bullshit maybe you lack funds? thats where the your in a rush part comes from. It seems as if you're trying to make money without spending a penny of your own it just shows that you don't take any risks and haven't worked any other job to create money to spend on your brand and also it seems like you lack confidence in your work, get a look book out, get how many shirts "made already" that you want to fulfill, you're not guaranteed anything. shit takes time. also saying fuck you and LMFAOOOOO and telling others they don't know shit on here isn't really giving you or your brand a good name you're loosing potential costumers doing that you don't know everything and neither do i but listen to people. you don't listen at all. 

www.theheatedenvironment.com

August 15, 2013 @ 03:29:30 AM

you just put out a unprofessional "vibe" and you get over emotional and feel you have to "prove" people that are just saying whats real. its almost as if anybody could make a brand now and all you're doing is making shirts up that only exist on a mock up and asking for people to pay you retail price to get them made, you should at least  have a sample made of the judgement tee i dont get how and why anyone would dish out 40 to you without one. And this whole pre order crap with your whole collection is bullshit maybe you lack funds? thats where the your in a rush part comes from. It seems as if you're trying to make money without spending a penny of your own it just shows that you don't take any risks and haven't worked any other job to create money to spend on your brand and also it seems like you lack confidence in your work, get a look book out, get how many shirts "made already" that you want to fulfill, you're not guaranteed anything. shit takes time. also saying fuck you and LMFAOOOOO and telling others they don't know shit on here isn't really giving you or your brand a good name you're loosing potential costumers doing that you don't know everything and neither do i but listen to people. you don't listen at all. 
Well 20 other people obviously thought it was worth while to "dish out" $40 & 15 other people thought it worth while to "dish out" $27.50. I work a full-time job while taking classes at my local community college while still in high school with a 4.1 GPA, and i do invest money into my brand, i might do a lookbook soon, and i'm not gonna take the same approach as other people do, i'm taking risks approaching my brand differently and doing it how i think it should be run #newrules and im speaking the truth, too many people are scared to voice their opinion or what they feel due to what the majority thinks. And from not listening and doing what I do I ended up getting multiple orders and countless praise from my customers who loved my brand and my clothes and my idealogy, so I think imma keep not listening. 

August 15, 2013 @ 03:47:40 AM
your loss.

wont ever be buying from you.  keep telling your potential customers to fuck off, though. im sure they appreciate it.

Connected Goods // www.connectedgoods.bigcartel.com

August 15, 2013 @ 03:48:08 AM
"And from not listening and doing what I do I ended up getting multiple orders and countless praise from my customers who loved my brand and my clothes and my idealogy, so I think imma keep not listening"

you made it bro. you obviously have physical products made that people are wearing as we speak. and happy costumers who love wearing your shirts. and your brand has an identity and everyone knows about it. good work! it doesn't seem like you need this forum anymore you obviously know everything. 

quit being defensive own up to the fact that you need to listen to people to learn. I'm done. id expect more from someone with a "4.1 GPA"

www.theheatedenvironment.com

August 15, 2013 @ 04:14:14 AM

Well 20 other people obviously thought it was worth while to "dish out" $40 & 15 other people thought it worth while to "dish out" $27.50. I work a full-time job while taking classes at my local community college while still in high school with a 4.1 GPA, and i do invest money into my brand, i might do a lookbook soon, and i'm not gonna take the same approach as other people do, i'm taking risks approaching my brand differently and doing it how i think it should be run #newrules and im speaking the truth, too many people are scared to voice their opinion or what they feel due to what the majority thinks. And from not listening and doing what I do I ended up getting multiple orders and countless praise from my customers who loved my brand and my clothes and my idealogy, so I think imma keep not listening. 
"I ended up getting multiple orders and countless praise from my customers who loved my brand and my clothes and my idealogy"

who are you lying to
August 15, 2013 @ 04:22:26 AM
"And from not listening and doing what I do I ended up getting multiple orders and countless praise from my customers who loved my brand and my clothes and my idealogy, so I think imma keep not listening"

you made it bro. you obviously have physical products made that people are wearing as we speak. and happy costumers who love wearing your shirts. and your brand has an identity and everyone knows about it. good work! it doesn't seem like you need this forum anymore you obviously know everything. 

quit being defensive own up to the fact that you need to listen to people to learn. I'm done. id expect more from someone with a "4.1 GPA"
"I ended up getting multiple orders and countless praise from my customers who loved my brand and my clothes and my idealogy"

who are you lying to
you're one of the people on here I can't stand, I'm not lying to no one, and I surely don't see you doing anything productive or anything so I don't why in the hell you're talking

August 15, 2013 @ 04:42:19 AM

who are you lying to
you're one of the people on here I can't stand, I'm not lying to no one, and I surely don't see you doing anything productive or anything so I don't why in the hell you're talking
i can't stand when people come on here advertising their sloppy generic brand and beg for peoples attention and then cry if it's negative. i've been running my own brand since june 2012, so i guess that can be considered 'productive'. 
August 15, 2013 @ 05:25:05 AM

who are you lying to
i can't stand when people come on here advertising their sloppy generic brand and beg for peoples attention and then cry if it's negative. i've been running my own brand since june 2012, so i guess that can be considered 'productive'. 
If you already sold 20+ shirts, then why dont you have any photos of an actual product yet? Presenting mock ups is good if you want to get some feedback on a potential design, but if you are trying to sell something usually a buyer would want to see the actual product, not just a mock up template. This is especially important for the Judgement tee. We recently designed a shirt with the idea that it would look good sublimated all over on a t shirt. Mock up templates looked great, and everyone we showed the template to really liked it as well, however, once we ordered a sample we noticed that it did not work as well as we though in real life, so we had to alter the design. Point is, if we had already charged 20+ people who pre ordered this shirt, it would have been extremely embaressing either sending them a shirt that looked nothing like the mock up or having to refund their money because we werent capable of producing what we already sold. You get real defensive when people try to give you their opinion, chill man. Its dope that you sold 20+ shirts already, but have you reached your goal yet? I am guessing you want to make a living doing this, so at some point you are going to have to listen to others advice. I can definitely tell that you are passionate about what you are putting out, but getting defensive and acting like you know it all wont get you very far.
August 15, 2013 @ 05:57:24 AM
If you already sold 20+ shirts, then why dont you have any photos of an actual product yet? Presenting mock ups is good if you want to get some feedback on a potential design, but if you are trying to sell something usually a buyer would want to see the actual product, not just a mock up template. This is especially important for the Judgement tee. We recently designed a shirt with the idea that it would look good sublimated all over on a t shirt. Mock up templates looked great, and everyone we showed the template to really liked it as well, however, once we ordered a sample we noticed that it did not work as well as we though in real life, so we had to alter the design. Point is, if we had already charged 20+ people who pre ordered this shirt, it would have been extremely embaressing either sending them a shirt that looked nothing like the mock up or having to refund their money because we werent capable of producing what we already sold. You get real defensive when people try to give you their opinion, chill man. Its dope that you sold 20+ shirts already, but have you reached your goal yet? I am guessing you want to make a living doing this, so at some point you are going to have to listen to others advice. I can definitely tell that you are passionate about what you are putting out, but getting defensive and acting like you know it all wont get you very far.
I feel what you're saying man, and I got a digital proof from my manufacturer a while ago after i submitted them my template with the art-work on it and it appeared exactly as it should, but I can completely understand why people would want to see the actual shirts and pics of them should be up in about two weeks, but yeah when I was saying I know everything it was more out of spite and anger towards some people who down me i obviously don't know everything and still have much room to grow.

August 15, 2013 @ 05:59:19 AM
anywayssssss heres another version of a previous shirt. feed back? ig is @RivldApparel
August 15, 2013 @ 06:16:34 AM
Bringing up your GPA is top-grade douche-baggery

yosoy.bigcartel.com

August 15, 2013 @ 07:03:00 AM
anywayssssss heres another version of a previous shirt. feed back? ig is @RivldApparel
I dig it. Like the vibe the design gives out as well as the colors. Also, what is it in the middle of the 2 crossed axes?

Talk is Silver. Silence is Gold.

Please login first to reply.
x