How did you find Hypebeast?

June 14, 2012 @ 17:40:12 PM
Got into sneakers back in high school. I remember it was the Shanghai SB's, first shoe that caught my attention. But resell value taught me a lesson that day; sneakers can cost more than the average $100 you spend at Finish Line.

Friend showed me N-SB but shit was sort of boring, and I barely knew how the feedback system worked.

I lurked ISS about a year then joined, and practically stayed on there forever mostly contributing about sneakers. ISS back then was dope, shout outs to the older members.
Then I found the Flamethrower section over at ISS but mostly lurked. Since the FT was heavy back then, no front, i was afraid to get flamed. But once I had enough post to post in the FT, that's where I spend most of my time when on iSS.
Then the Flamethrower went soft as hell and dead as fuck after the older members left and the layout changed for the worst

then i found the JB thread and found out about Hypebeast. Stumbled upon the Off Topic and shit was basically like a better version of the FT. When I was lurking I felt the same way as I felt in the FT in the beginning. Though i missed the better days of the off topic, people on HB was merciless as fuck. So i was afraid to get flamed too. But then I realized the mass amount of trolls on this website makes every emotion conjure on here pointless. So i joined HB. But i guess HB died too after the layout change, once again

Funny thing, i'm not into this site for the adoration of name brands. I don't wear Supreme, or Bape, or Vivism, or Raw Denim, or Givenchy, or any other "hype" brands. I just like the way people put outfits together disregarding the brand. I have to admit, after seeing HB, i can see now that ISS dress like SHIT

haha i remember the FT thread back over @ ISS.
Ever since the layout change, the site became garbage.
The classic purple layout was bomb.
June 14, 2012 @ 17:53:11 PM
Lurked NSB for a year trying to get some older dunks because I had skated most of mine to the point of no return. Found out about HB there and started lurking the off topic. Somewhere between 08-09. Never had much to say so I wasn't active on NSB and never joined here either. I joined when everyone was shittin on Nov 11 members to see if I could get in under the radar.
June 14, 2012 @ 17:57:14 PM
I google 'faggot ass white kids who think they know fashion' and the rest is history

rude

Fucktard we been developed a ratio

June 14, 2012 @ 18:48:00 PM
Tyler the Creator nah jus fucking witcha. Always had a thing for Jordans, so kept on the look out for shit like Complex mag, Highsnobiety, KicksOnFire, NiceKicks, EUKicks then Hypebeast in like 2010, never found about the forum in 2011.
Tried to join then but registration was closed (obviously)

Heartbreak Boyz | Mia Khalifa Fan Club

June 14, 2012 @ 18:58:48 PM
Got into raw denim and found this site along with several others for info and forums on it.
June 14, 2012 @ 20:03:31 PM
found the jailbait thread and decided to stick around

+asian females
June 14, 2012 @ 20:29:24 PM
definitely into the whole bape/bbc shit back then. googled bape and HB popped up and the rest is history

When he be playin Scrabble that nigga gotta figure out how to make a word outta seven Ls

June 14, 2012 @ 20:38:26 PM
raw denim brought me here when I was in high school, lurked for a long while because I wasnt a lazy piece of shit who registers just to post the same questions that have been asked a million times over. then I think I joined because I had a bunch of nudes from my ex-gf and posted them in the old JB thread after we broke up.

SATIRE GANG OR MOW YOUR LAWN FOR FREE

June 15, 2012 @ 04:21:44 AM
APC thread
Please login first to reply.
x